Hair Extensions Safe
Mermade haircare & combs are are 100% safe for clip in, tape, halo, micro bead extensions, weaves + wigs. Protect, nourish & lengthen the life of your human hair extensions.
Healthier, happier, nourished strands are here to stay with Mermade Hair extension safe haircare.
Using hair extension safe haircare is super important if you have extensions for a few reasons:
- Preserve the Quality: Protein, sulphates, parabens & harsh surfactants can damage or reduce the life of the your hair extensions.
- Minimize Damage: Hair extensions are not attached to the scalp and therefore do not receive the natural oils and nutrients that your own hair does. Incorrect haircare can cause tangling, matting or lead to breakage.
- Protect the Bond: Semi-permanent extensions, such as tape-in or bonded require extra attention and a gentle formula that wont break down the bonds.
- Maintain Appearance: Nourishing haircare helps extensions retain shine, smoothness, and movement so they blend seamlessly.
- Prolong Lifespan: Proper care extends the life of your extensions and helps prevent damage, tangling, and breakage.
CAN I USE PROTEIN ON MY EXTENSIONS?
HOW TO STOP BREAKAGE
If you have natural hair extensions made from human hair, protein treatments or products can be beneficial in moderation. However, excessive protein usage can lead to overloading the hair, making it feel stiff, dry, and prone to breakage. It's important to strike a balance and ensure your hair extensions receive a proper amount of protein without going overboard.
How to keep your extensions lasting longer
To keep hair extensions soft and maintain their luxurious texture, here are some tips:
1. Shampooing: Wash your hair gently by massaging the Shampoo into the hair in a downward motion. You want to ensure any product build up is removed.
2. Conditioning: Conditioning is crucial for keeping extensions soft and moisturized. Leave the Conditioner on for a few minutes to allow it to penetrate the hair shaft and then rinse thoroughly.
3. Heat Protection: Apply heat protection whenever using hot tools.
4. Brushing with Care: Use a wide-toothed comb like our Wave Comb or a brush specifically designed for extensions to detangle the hair gently like our Detangle Brush. Start from the ends and work your way up, being cautious not to tug or pull too hard. Brushing extensions regularly helps prevent tangling and keeps them looking smooth and soft.
USING THE RIGHT BRUSHES
Using the right brushes with hair extensions is important for several reasons:
- Minimize Breakage - Using the wrong type of brush can cause excessive pulling, snagging, or tugging, leading to damage and breakage of the extensions. We suggest our detangle brush for wet hair & everyday brush for dry hair.
- Prevent Tangling: The right brush can help prevent tangling by detangling the extensions gently without causing additional knots or matting.
- Preserve Bonded Extensions: The wrong brush can catch on the bonds or adhesive and cause them to loosen or become damaged. The right brush like our Everyday Brush will be designed to glide smoothly over the bonded areas, minimizing any potential damage.
- Maintain Appearance: The right brush like our vegan Everyday Brush can help distribute natural oils (in the case of human hair extensions) or distribute product evenly, keeping the extensions looking smooth, shiny, and well-blended with your natural hair.
"Finally, my extensions are lasting longer and they feel just as soft as when I first got them.
Mermade Hair is loved by celebrities, hair stylists and the everyday person.